May 31, 2011

SHAVED SIDE VS BRAIDS

So remember this shaved side post, a while back?
Wayyyy before the shaved side thing was a thing?


When I discovered I could still achieve the look without shaving my head, I said Hallelujah! But it was kinda difficult, cause my hair had to be the right texture for me to do this.. then of course after a while, I just gave up.

Well, I have recently been inspired to look into it again! 
My friend Dominique, has had the shaved side hair for a while now, but she recently got extensions put in and it look freaking bombin!
I am super jealous, her hair just looks so luscious and uber cool. Its also like a deep vibrant red, which is another massive kicker!

So I was thinking, when I get some moolah in my bank account, that I am going to head down to a braiding shop and get my left side tight braided. Ala Jill Scott. When I was doing some picture-searches for the shaved side, I saw Jill Scott's version where she just corn-rosed the side, to get the same effect.
I dig this, and I have even found a place where I can get it done.

But one way to differentiate my hair, I actually want to take a it a step further and ombre my hair again. I did the ombre hair here, with a bit of purple through it.


SO IT WILL BE A MASH UP OF THESE PHOTO OF ALICE DELLAL & JILL SCOTT. YES PLEASE...



SHOULD I DO IT DUDES? WHAT DO YOU THINK?
UNTILL NEXT TIME!
X


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,