May 16, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: DANBLACK, SCATTEREDTREES JESSIEJ, COSMOJARVIS, THEOPHILUS LONDON

Well hello hello.
I have had the most busiest week this past one, and this coincides with the pointy end of semester.
But to get me through it all is some new music.
- Insert awesome segwey here -

Here is your NEW MUSIC MONDAY!


1. DAN BLACK - YOURS
I have not got this song out of my head since hearing it last Thursday. "Where?" I hear you say, on Gossip Girl :) I have gotten back in to GG. I get a lot of new music and artist from TV shows as well. You might have heard of Dan Black from his song Symphonies, I know that now you're like "ahhhh of course, now I recognise the name" :).
Well this song is from the same album as Symphonies called UN. So this one is definitely not new, but its new on the scene - I dont see it popping up in the charts anytime soon, but nevertheless Dan Black is an amazing songwriter. Enjoy the song, cause its catchy and has a killer story throughout it.




2. JESSIE J - MAMA KNOWS BEST
Oh hello, this song is like amazing. Its what Jessie J was known for when she first started. Re-cap; Jessie J started her career on Youtube and has since massively sold out to her record company by singing lame pop songs (bar Do it like a Dude). Her voice deserves much better songs.. ie this one.
You may say this is a bit harsh, but honestly - compare this song with the rest of the songs on her album Who You Are. Quite ironic...I feel.


3. COSMO JARVIS - SURE AS HELL NOT JESUS // GAY PIRATES

Another controversial one this week. I cant think of a better genre than how Joelistics put it: an anthem for the secular (or ver batim: an Atheist's gospel - find that here). Cosmo Jarvis is every bit talented as he is beautiful. He directs, sings, raps, plays and writes music, as well as acts. He started off on Youtube, and I believe its where he will stay for awhile. But dont take my word for it.. go ahead and check out the rest of his stuff on his youtube channel here.

JUST FYI - I INCLUDED THE FULL VIDEO TO SURE AS HELL NOT JESUS - CAUSE ITS HILARIOUS. ACTUALLY SO IS MOST OF HIS VIDEOS.



I have also added my other favourite song of his, Pirates. It is adorable and thought provoking like the rest of his body of work.


4. THEOPHILUS LONDON - LAST NAME LONDON

This one is for my hip hop lovers out there. Especially indie hip hop lovers. This new sub genre is getting bigger and bigger, and I love that. Cause I long for the day where Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Theophilus, Frank Ocean and etc etc are all on the same bill for one the best experiences of my life.
Ahhhh.. one can only dream. More on this Indie/Hip Hop/ RnB subgenre here, you can tell its my favourite topic of discussion among music nerds :)


5. SCATTERED TREES - FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT

Oh how sweet this song is. If you like smooth indie pop with an infectious hook. This is the song for you my friends. The lyrics are beautiful and the melody is genius. Scattered Trees, a 5 piece band hailing from Chicago, whose album Sympathy I can not wait to get my hands on. I dig this song and very much dig this band.



ANY MUSIC THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH ME? OR THINK I WOULD LIKE?
SHARE BELOW IN THE COMMENTS!



TALK TO YOU SOON :)


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,