May 2, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: OSCAR+MARTIN, JOELISTICS, YELLE, BREAKBOT

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MONDAY TO YA!
I have had the weirdest past week, with all the long weekend and public holidays my schedule has been messed with and my patterns are all over the place!
So, after missing one week I bring you a NEWMUSIC MONDAY! And on time... believe it or not. No more 9PM NEWMUSIC MONDAYS. Hahaha..

I have some Indie, I have some Australian hip hop and I even have some french electro pop.
So enjoy mon cheries.

1. OSCAR+MARTIN - RECOGNISE // DO THE RIGHT THING 
RECOGNISE

DO THE RIGHT THING


So infectious. This song will get your head bopping in no time. Oscar + Martin (formely Psuche) (um.. I am very glad they changed their names. When I first heard these boys were from Australia (Melbourne to be specific) I was very very excited and happy. Another great addition to Australian music and we definitely need more of that! They are poppy and melodic and have a very honest sound about them. 
I keep replying their Recognise song cause that drum beat is it just so obsessive. I keep bumping my fist on the table (laden with ignored uni work) to the same beat. Enjoy


2. JOELISTICS - GLORIOUS FEELING
EDIT: UPON PUBLISHING THIS POST, ELEFANT TRAKS HAS DISABLED THE EMBEDDING OF THE SONG, SO JUST CLICK THE LINK HERE FOR A LISTEN
Oh man.. some more amazing Australian music. Australian Hip Hop is very much underrated still in my eyes. However with Bliss n Esso heading to America every chance they get and with overseas artist coming to tour and collaborate here, I think this gap is thinning :) Joelistic's new single is very much a controversial one. As he said in his snapshot of his new album Voyager here, songs that speak/discuss religion opens up a whole can of worms, he calls it an Atheist's gospel song. But the hook is just so amazing. I couldnt stop singing it this morning when I woke up. Its definitely a song that you need just sit there and listen to the words and rhymes that Joelistics does so well.

3. YELLE -  JE VEUX TE VOIR

Oh. My. God. Yelle is like the pop and funky 80s version of Camille. And its an amazing contrast. I think Yelle, who is also French, fits in the same bill as Santigold, M.I.A, Camille, La Roux, Rye Rye etc.. and yet at the same time she is as unique as they come. Yelle embraces the tragic 80s and modernises it for those of us who don't really want to venture into fluro trackie that much. I dig her, and so should you really. This her song Je Veux Te Voir which translates to "I want to see". What she wants to see is very much for you to go and get the lyrics here and translate yourself.. as its definitely a little UN-PG. But thats Yelle for ya!

4. BREAKBOT - BABY I'M YOURS

You would have heard a little snippet of this song from my post on my work for RAFW here. So today you get the full song. There isn't much to say about Breakbot except that this song is so sweet! Perfect for that Sunday where all you want to do is just chill and read.


TELL ME WHO YOU GUYS ARE LISTENING TO IN THE MONTH OF MAY WITH :)
SHARING IS CARING, AND SHARING MUSIC IS THE BEST THING!
UNTILL NEXT TIME!


Follow amped+dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,