Jun 4, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: DANTE, LANADELRAY, SELAH SUE & KILL PARIS

Good Monday lovely people.
I hope you have all had a great weekend despite the quite miserable weather! The weather has definitely picked up today and its super bright and blue :)

Its bit of a random mix today with NewMusicMonday, we have something form quite a few genres - definitely a change from the very hip hop filled playlist last week!

1. DANTE - NEXT YO YOU

Alright so this is a nice soft one to start this week's issue. At first I thought this was K'Naan, but a quick google search revealed that it wasn't... it way a Swedish artist Dante. The dude is a busy man, as he is also currently the drummer for another Swedish outfit The Concretes. But lucky for us, Dante is now swooning and serenading us with indie jazz covers like this. Fun fact: the song is originally a Clarence Carter track from 1975.

2. LANA DEL REY - OFF TO THE RACES

Yep. Lana Del Rey, I really didn't think I would see the day where I would be into this (magnificently beautiful) lady. But thanks to Spotify, I have been listening to a lot of EPs and albums. And as a whim I tried Del Rey's Born to Die for a spin. And this song converted me. I love the way she sings in this song - the tiny jumps and pulls of her voice followed by that haunting deepness that Del Rey possess. I dig it - I have no idea what the lyrics are saying (Does she say Reece's Pieces at one point??).. but the music is pretty cool!

3. SELAH SUE - RAGAMUFFIN FT. J.COLE

Selah Sue is a Belgian singer and songwriter and this is her super pretty hit! The song (and album) raked in major hype from all over Europe. And really can we blame them? Its such a cool song. I think a bit of J.Cole just cuts through that sweetness so it isn't a bit too much. Definitely hunting down Selah Sue's album to see what else this lovely lady has to offer!

4. KILL PARIS - I DO LOVE YOU

There's nothing I love more than to have some nice instrumental/sampling action than on a winter's morning. This has been my wake up song for the past week. Its just makes me smile. Kill Paris a.k.a Corey Baker is a L.A DJ, Producer and certified trainer in Ableton.. whatever that is. Regardless, I am loving this man's sound. Do you?

And thats it for this week people, which ones were you digging? Which ones could you refrain from in there future?
Talk to you soon, 
- xoxo -



twitterbloglovinfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,