Dec 27, 2011

DIY: REVAMPED NEON JEWELLERY

Well hello there, I am back again with some DIY action.
I was a little uninspired lately to be DIY'ing anything, as I was just repeating more tassle jewellery like here and here.

But after a long needed catchup with my blog roll, I stumbled upon Geneva's (from A Pair & A Spare) neon jewellery DIY. Its so simple, anyone could do this. And it really is the best way to revamp some old jewellery you have lying around. I took this DIY to revamp my old silve (not real) jewellery that I had that was starting to lose its silver coating. Perfect really.

I think this DIY really pops with jewellery that has a lot of texture in it. If not it would be quite flat. So take Geneva's advice and go for some cheap costume jewellery or what I have done and went for a Day of the Dead Mexican ring (bought from Diva aaaaaages ago for like $5).

FOR THE DIY TUTORIAL HEAD TO A PAIR & A SPARE, LIKE NOW. 
Its as simple as laying down some paper (works better than plastic bag, as the plastic sticks to the jewellery I found) and spray away. Always put a coat of white first, then spray on your choice of neon colour.

Now, I had to venture to Butter Beats to get my spray paint - cause Lincraft didn't have any. But I struck up a really cool conversation with the guy there. I was really hesitant to buy spray paint from Bunnings (for all the toxic matter) but my friend at Butter Beats reassured my worries. So on to the final product.

   


ITS ALSO A BRILLIANT REVAMP TO AN OUTFIT.
ESPECIALLY WITH NEONS BEING ALL THE RAGE THIS SUMMER AND FOLLOWING INTO NEXT YEARRRRR. 


TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN // FACEBOOK LOVE