Dec 24, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: ASHERRORTH, THEWEEKND, YOUTHLAGOON, FLEETFOXES

Ho Ho Ho.
How was your Christmas?? Now if you're reading this, then you're probably not fighting the masses in trying to grab yo'self a bargain. (Unlike me..I'm tempting my sanity and have headed to a shopping mall for an all out brawl for the best bargains!) I have had some inside goss and think I have sussed out all the  best bargain :)

On to some music.

1. ASHER ROTH - COMMON KNOWLEDGE

I honestly thought Asher Roth would take off like wildfire in Australia. I think his style of hip hop is very close to that of Australian Hip Hop. But maybe its not just his time yet... But I unfortunately will not wait around to hear new stuff. And this song is a primary reason why. Common Knowledge hits every criteria for me. Sick beats, classic Asher Roth melodies and a cool video clip :)

2. THE WEEKND - NEXT

I don't think I can rave about The Weeknd more than I already have in my past posts. I really like the way Abel Tesfaye makes music. And the fact that he is only 21 and has already come out with three mix tapes (that the internet knows off, who knows how many more are lying around...) goes to show that this dude is going to have a long career. Some might argue that his stuff doesn't differ across his albums, that they stay the same. But I think when you have created (or helped propel) a new genre like this synth/RnB/alternative/lo-fi stuff, then maybe people should be a little less critical? My opinion.. whats yours??

3. YOUTH LAGOON - DAY DREAM

Come one, how can you not love this song. Its super chilled and has enough of a rhytm/beat to tap your foot too. Perfect Boxing Day chillax song :) I wrote about Youth Lagoon over yonder. And I think I should make some serious investment into more of their stuff. Its simple and pretty. Like I said, a perfect band to past the time with.

4. FLEET FOXES - SIM SALA BIM

Enough is enough. I always love Fleet Foxes stuff but don't own any of their albums. And one of my purchases today just has to be their new one; Helplessness Blues and rummage around Rockinghorse for their first EP (self titled Fleet Foxes). I am a big nerd for folky pop music. Other similar artists include Husky, Mumford & Sons, Boy & Bear etc etc... First of all I love this song just cause of its title! Ha! But I love how Fleet Foxes just build this song from really soft... to then BAM! to such a powerful chorus :) And that guitar work.... so so so good. I just want to get up and get dancing.


AND THATS IT FOR TODAY LOVELY PEOPLE.
I HOPE YOU HAD A BRILLIANT CHRISTMAS! AND SPEND SOME QUALITY F&F TIME.

If you like me have decided to trudge the Boxing Day Sales, then I bid you good luck!
And hopefully find some awesome bargains!!!!



TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN // FACEBOOK LOVE