Jul 3, 2011

DIY TASSEL NECKLACE - MAKE THE BEST BDAY PRESENT

My friend Dominique is turning the ripe young age of 21 this coming July, and she is celebrating in style back in her hometown. So as I wouldn't have been able to join her on her awesome day, I gave her birthday present to her early. Silly me didnt remember that she would have been back before her actual birthday, so I could have waited. But the keano (adjective; kee⦁ŋŎ; an overly enthusiastic or keen individual) in me couldn't wait to give it to her.

I had made Dom, her own tassel necklace that I DIY'ed over a year ago, which you can read here.
I took some pictures of the necklace, and was inspired (more than a little) by the magazine spreads of Russh. I thought the way they flat lay jewellery and bits&bobs on to printed photos/other magazine rip outs, is such a cool idea. I kinda want to reproduce more of them.

And how crazy, the necklace was actually inspired by Yen Magazine - so all in all this post should be about how I am constantly inspired by magazines. I also think Russh's layout idea is a brilliant step towards abolishing the crazy notion that 'print' is a dying medium. As much as I want an iPad, I still like + will be flicking through the pages of magazines - as a way to pass time on the bus home.

SO THANK YOU YEN & RUSSH MAGAZINE.

 





STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I didn't stumble upon this earlier!!! I'm so flattered this custom piece was made for me. My up most love and appreciation goes out to you Mamma K. I absolutely adore the bright orange and burgundy tassels - I'll forever wear with pride. x

    ReplyDelete

Oh hello,