Apr 18, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: PIGEON JOHN, ELIZA DOOLITTLE, THE KNUX, WIZ KHALIFA, SADE,

Wow,  I had one of the biggest weekends in music (weekend in general) in a very long time!
Too much study and work and no play, was definitely reversed with Drapht on Friday night at Hi-Fi, Supafest on Saturday and then Coachella's live stream all Sunday and Monday - highlight: HELLLLLLOOOO KANYE WEST!
YEEZY HAD IT GOING ON! I DIGRESS,  MORE ON THIS LATER IN THE WEEK.
ON TO SOME NEW MUSIC FOR YOUR WEEK.

1. PIGEON JOHN - THE BOMB
My fav for the week...
Lets starts off with a bang hey! Pigeon John has been around for about 10 years, so I am very surprised that I haven't heard his stuff, regardless this song is killer. Hook is so infectious, and it has one of the funniest lyrics: "come on everybody clap your hands, white folks keep in time if you can". "I'm the bomb and I'm about to blow up" And I definitely think he is.


2. ELIZA DOOLITTLE - SKINNY GENES
So, I wanna get in there before you start saying you heard her songs on Nova. Eliza Doolittle started off with a lot of covers, and her version of Cee-Lo's Eff You is awesome. I love this song, it reminds me of a little of Lily Allen and Camielle magic. And very reminiscent of These Boots are Made for Walking at the beginning. Have a listen...I think this chick is going to be huuuuuuuge. She rocked it out at the Mulberry X Coachella  party here.


3. THE KNUX - SHE'S SO UP
You all know my love affair with The Knux, read it here. I think they highly underrated. This is their new track which has a very rocky edge to it. I dig it, do you?

4. WIZ KHALIFA - ROLL UP
This is for my hip hop lovers out there, Wiz is back with an amazing hit. Rollllll up!
Dont want to bore you with any more details, as it speaks for itself. I like the Voodoo Farm Remix, featuring a bit of Tupac action. Which is the first one featured..


Or the original...




5. SADE - LOVE IS FOUND
Now I think this is a bit of love or hate. If you dig your jazz and blues, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE Sade's song, if you dont - you will find it boring... and we can no longer be friends.
I'm serious.. this song has everything you want in a perfect slow love song, the bass, the drone, the soulful sounds of Sade. Fire this up for your lovers night.




IN OTHER NEWS...
Of course, Arctic Monkey's release they new single - Don't Sit Down Cause I Moved Your Chair (woah mouthful) We also heard Snoop's new single at Supafest called Boom (featuring T-Pain), and honestly.. the track is AMAZING live, but not so great on the CD.
No idea why.. its usually the opposite.
And!!!! Beastie Boys dropped their new one Make Some Noise - I am highly anticipating their short movie and you just have to watch the trailer here. Almost all my favourite comedians are in it. Cant wait.


Quite short explanations, as I don't think anyone really cares for most of the boring music nerdy stuff I talk about.. I reserve that for my nerdy music session with people like Dominique x2 and Mickey & Patty.


ROC LIFE. THUG LIFE. GOOD LIFE.
YEEZY TAUGHT ME!


Follow amped+dangerous

1 comment:

  1. Indulged weekend of music madness, delicious post Kasturi. I look forward to your nerdy discussions, never boring or dull. Maybe we could music review supafest?
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh hello,