Feb 25, 2013

NEWMUSICMONDAY: LONDON GRAMMAR, STEADY SUN, THEOPHILUS LONDON & 50 CENT

Hello lovely people, how are we this fine Monday?
Well more rainy and wet then fine really. In Brisbane anyway. Pretty eventful weekend on this side of the town what with Blink 182 and Soundwave making crowds go crazy. It's been great having so many out of towners who pilgrim their way to the hardcore (??) rock festival every year.

But on with new music.

1. LONDON GRAMMAR - METAL AND DUST

I told you these guys would not dissapoint with their second single. Click here for London Grammar's first single; Hey Now (which is one of my favourites!). Listen up gang, you are going to be hearing a lot from these English artists especially if you are into the likes of Florence & The Machine, CSS etc. The second single Metal & Dust has a very 90s techno vibe about - kinda what you hear in a disco tech from said era. I love it - I think it stays with their super soft and etheral sound but adds an interesting punch with the synths at the tail end. What do you think? Are we loving this new sound?

2. STEADY SUN - ACTRESS

I love a good into. And Actress by Steady Sun definitely has one of the best ones I have heard this year. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a pretty instrumental. But then vocal starts up and it just blends so beautifully into a song thats easy and interesting listening. Although, I can't do this song justice like Henry can from Audio Cred. So click that for more. I can;t wait to hear from these guys, I think this song is super chic sneak peek of a blues meets psych rock sound that I oh so love.

So, if you have enjoyed the picks so far, chances are you are probably not going to dig the next two. Haha. But if you do - YOU ARE RAD.

3. THEOPHILLUS LONDON - SNOW ANGEL FT TROUBLE ANDREW

I thought this was Lupe Fiasco when I first heard this song. So I was pretty (pleasantly?) surprised when I saw that this was Theophillus London. Its the awesome sample that has made the new one from London land in this issue's of NewMusicMonday. But other than that there is nothing else for me to add. Its a pretty obvious song I guess for this particular genre. So I am not blown away but I am also equally loving the sound. 

4. 50 CENT - WE UP FT KENDRICK LAMAR & KIDD KIDD

Now I don't really care what you have to say about having included 50 Cent in an issue of NewMusicMonday. This song is dope! I think partly thanks to the addition of Kendrick Lamar and Kidd Kidd. Its softer (I've always loved 50's voice, and this songs show its off beautifully) and much more on the wave the new kind of hip hop coming out (Wiz Khalifa/Kanye/Odd Future etc etc). It has a great hook and chorus and the verses arent bad. Its catchy and again, another easy listening track. I am pretty damn curious to hear more from 50's new album - especially if these are the kind of tracks that we can look forward too.



twitter • tumblr • bloglovin • facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,