Jan 7, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR & NEWMUSICMONDAY: WAX & HERBAL T, WILL.I.AMM FT BRITNEY SPEARS & JOSEF SALVAT

 Happy dappy new year to you, you and you! After a week's respite - recovering from all that was merry and joyful. I hope that you and your family had a great holiday season and that you're read to get one with a brand new year! I know I am. And to celebrate 2013, I have a NewMusicMonday post to kick things off with a bang! If you were missing me always remember you can find me and social media prowess on Instagram, Facebook or Tumblr :)

1. WAX & HERBAL T - LEWIS AND CLARK

If you dig the sounds of Bliss N Esso or Beastie Boys lets say you are going to love the track Lewis & Clark from the collaborative effort of (Youtube famous) Wax and Herbal T. The twin brothers hail from Los Angelas and have teamed up for this biographical song that explores genius rythms, clever wordplays and infectious backing track (especially as it hits 2:15). I have been a huge fan of Wax for a while now (click here for a recent A&D post ft Wax) and this song is no different. There is such harmony between the two rappers that is hard to come by in a lot of sibling collaborations. This is definitely not their first and I highly doubt it will be their last.
Twitter > @bigwax 

2. SWIM DEEP - THE SEA

So much love for these British boys. Swim Deep's debut track The Sea is psychedelically ethereal. Its soft and pretty and everything you would want in these summer months to get the good times rolling. I hear hints of Jungle Giants and/or San Sisco, so I just know these guys will break it hard in the Aussie music scene. You're welcome in advance Triple J. Lol.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SWIMDEEPUK

3. WILL.I.AM &BRITNEY SPEARS - SCREAM AND SHOUT

Yes, yes I know. You are all probably going to condemn me for this one - but I can't help it. Its totally a guilty pleasure track for me. I dont care what you say, but I love Will.I.Am! I think he is such an amazing producer/musician. And there is something about this track that I just love.  Its just a no fuss dance track with some headbangingly good beats.

4. JOSEF SALVAT - THIS LIFE

Grab yourself a beverage and sit back to some hi-fi alternative pop goodness. Hopefully I can redeem myself with a bit of Josef Salvat after the Will.I.Am track (or maybe there's no going forward?) Trust me you are going to love this one. Londoner Josef Salavt is the male answer to Florence Welch - without all the high register singing (for obvious reasons). But file this guy next to James Blake if you're keen. I am and I will.
Website: http://www.josefsalvat.com/

 Any feedback on this week's picks?? Leave them below.

twitter • tumblr • bloglovin • facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,