May 14, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: AZELIABANKS, THENEIGHBOURHOOD, PRETTYLIGHTS, CHILDISHGAMBINO

GOOD MONDAY MORNINGGGGGG!

Its been hectic times in Kas Land. With work and university amping up - there seems to be no time in the day to think about anything else, let alone sit at my laptop and type ;) But I've missing it, and hence the rebrand/overhaul and some fressshhh new content. So lets start slow and get stuck in to some #newmusicmonday !

1. PRETTY LIGHTS - YOU GET HIGH
American producer Pretty Lights is (finally!) back with a new single. And it is not disappointing. Very similar sounds to his other track, Gold Coast Hustle but still very different from many other electronic tracks. Its no surprise I am drawn to this track because of its sampling action. Such a good track to get the day going! Perfect to cure Monday-itis.

2. AZEALIA BANKS - JUMANJI
Over the weekend, Azealia Banks treated us to her newest single (off of her new mix tape, 'Fantastic', thats coming out). Its an awesome track, and shows that A. Banks isn't all about hard beats and thumping bass. Needless to say after her other two tracks, F*ck Up Fun & 212, I am very much looking forward to the drop of the mix tape. :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. THE NEIGHBOURHOOD - WIRES
Man, I love finding new artists. The Neighbourhood are.... well I'm going to go on a limb here and say they are from California. Very hard to find info on these amazing people - but regardless of where they are from, they are super super cool. I absolutely love this type of sound, and could listen to it day in, and day out. This track comes from their upcoming EP "I'm Sorry" - and hopefully I can get my hands on a copy!

4. CHILDISH GAMBINO - F*CK YOUR BLOG
Its two minutes and twenty seconds of absolute gritty hip hop but with relevant and entertaining lyrics. You really can't deny the killer rap from Childish Gambino at the end - he's super witty, fast and HILARIOUS! "Saw your blog on Thursday, You only blog sh*t girls say, You didn't retweet my birthday...THE INTERNET ISNT REAL". So good, I am consistently impressed with how Gambino can continue to intertwine pop culture references in his music - that isn't about alcohol and "hoes".

And thats it from me this morning, hope you're having a great start to the week!
Check back soon!



twitter • bloglovin • facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,