Feb 13, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: EGOCENTRIC, BANDOFSKULLS, MAXFROST, WHITNEY

Goooooooooooood Music Monday people.
I trust you had a great weekend! A productive one perhaps?? Regardless, here is some new music to start your week just right!

Brisbane weather at the moment is pretty dreary! Its cloudy and looks like its about to rain like torrential style! Thats an Australian summer for you! But lets press on regardless ;)

Reminder, if you have any suggestions for new music I should check out - leave your suggestion over here :) Lets get started!

1. EGOCENTRIC - RUN THIS

Now this track, I have a very strong connection with! Egocentric is a collective hailing (from my hometown!!!) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. And not dissimilar to the Odd Future crew, collective groups are popping about all over the world. And thanks to the internet and affordable production programs, collectives like Egocentric, YMCMB, Kartel etc etc are finding it easier to produce and promote their talents.
With just the raps being the aim of the game here, I am loving that each rapper has his own style (easier to spot if you see the whole video clip) but they are all anchored by this super simple and catchy tune in the background. I am looking forward to what else these guys come up with, for now I am proud and excited for the talent that is coming out of Malaysia! Woo!

2. BAND OF SKULLS - SWEET AND SOUR

A great comeback album from the Band of Skulls here, and what a brilliant title track. A great mix of soul and rock and roll. It actually reminds me quite a bit of the White Stripes. And I just really love the line "Sour by the minute, but you're sweeter by the hour....". I'm really excited to get this album and have a listen!

3. MAX FROST - SUNDAY DRIVIN FT KYDD

This man has an amazing voice, check out his track Brand New Day for that! And a pretty talented crew surrounding him too. I think its the old soul like parts of Max Frost's song that gets me sucked into this song, and then in comes Kydd with his killer verse.... And I'm sold. This song actually reminds me a lot of Seth Sentry's Waitress Song :) If I were you, I would watch this dude really closely, cause I think he's going to be pretty big!

4. RIP WHITNEY - ITS NOT RIGHT BUT ITS OKAY

I got the alert over my phone, and thought how sad it was that Whitney Houston is gone. She was an amazing musician, and definitely one of the irreplaceables. This is one of my favourite Whitney tracks, and I think

And thaaaaaaaats it from me today!
Hopefully you got home safe, before the storm hit. And till next time!
- XOXO -



TUMBLRTWITTERBLOGLOVINFB LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,