Jan 30, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: PRETTYLIGHTS, THEINTERNET, THEEMIDNITERS, KISHIBASHI, EDSHEERAN & YELAWOLF

Why hello there party people!
How are we this lovely Monday? Have we started our week right?? My week is off to a rocking start and will continue with me helping to move offices for my work; my first blogger meet up/industry meet up and having two of my friends back from their overseas trips.

You are not mistaken, there was no NMM last week, but can you really blame a girl?? I was recovering from a bruised arms, partial deafness and the awesomeness that was Kanye West/Kasabian/Das Racist/Odd Future etc etc etc. IE recovering from Big Day Out, which was amazing. Anyway, enough of that.. here is some NEW MUSIC!!!!

1. PRETTY LIGHTS - WE MUST GO ON

Lets start of smooth and mellow with Pretty Lights. I love these guys, they make some really pretty music. If you're into instrumentals, this is the one to listen to. It has sampling, old record lyricism and some new production mixed in to a beautiful concoction that is their new single, We Must Go On.

2.THE INTERNET - FAST LANE

Although the harps at the beginning elude to a airy fairy soundtrack, what comes next is far from that. The soulful keys and vocals takes me back to the 90s. Whats more surprising, that the track comes from duo; The Internet. Who are proudly part of the Odd Future family. The Internet is comprised of Syd Tha Kid and Matt Martian, and together they are releasing Purple Nakes Ladies. And I think Syd Tha Kid says it right when she describes her music sounds Stevie Wonder'ish... but on acid. I dig this very very much, so I am really looking forward to the EP.

Fun fact: Syd Tha Kid before she was the androgynous female DJ for OFWGKTA was in fact the fast talking 12 year old from Thats So Raven.

3. THEE MIDNITERS - I FOUND A PEANUT

Alright so we've settled in to the list, lets get rocking to another era. Technically this isnt a new song, its by Thee Midnighters who are hailed as one of the earliest Chicano groups to have a hit in US. And I just cant get enough of this track. "I found a peanut" is such a silly title, but the old nostalgic 60s rock is just toooo good to resist. I'm sure the title was slang for something much more sinister... I must say though, I dont air guitar to much, but old nostalgic 60s rock is my preferred genre to whiplash myself voluntarily.

4. KISHI BASHI - IT ALL BEGAN WITH A BURST

So much love for this band right now. Kishi Bashi is a side project of famed violinist K Ishibashi (who has worked with Katy Perry, Regina Spektor and such...). Reading violinist should make the beautiful violin additives in this song more sense. If I knew that learning the violin at a young age (which I did, lasted three years) would lead to make cool music like Kishi Bashi's then I might reconsidered those classes. And this song has it all for me: quirkiness, melodies and a good progressing beat. If you like the sound of this then definitely check out their other track Bright Whites.

5. ED SHEERAN & YELAWOLF - YOU DONT KNOW

Yelawolf scares me a little, his video clips doesn't help this either (who lights up cars at a house party???? You just aint baller unless you do I guess). But this song has converted me. Oh I'm not insane, I am 100% positive its cause of the sweet sounds of Ed Sheeran. But Yelawolf's harsh and sharp rap style really balances the track for me. I also have no doubt that the only reason this pairing exists is cause Atlantic Records (recently signed the UK Ed Sheeran) are trying to branch him to an US audience. And what better way to do that than to get him to score a track with Yelawolf. But I aint complaining, my iTunes thanks you Atlantic Records for the awkward collaboration.

--------------

In other news, this shizz is hilarious, shame on you Bussa for collaborating with what I hope is a joke. And I cant make sense of this (apparently long awaited and anticipated) track I dont know if I like it or if I dont?? < Thats probably not a good thing either. Freaking love the editing in the video though.

Hope you enjoyed, come back for more next week music fiends!
-XOXO-


TUMBLRTWITTERBLOGLOVINFB LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,