Sep 13, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: TVONTHERADIO, JAMIEWOON, BAXTERDURY, THEOPHILUS, SUCHITRA

Another Monday, Another NewMusicMonday.
These are a little random today, but hey whats new? I have also chosen to add a 'world' track to the list today as well. I hate that genre named 'world/ethnic' - it just doesnt sound right....

But basically its cause, I wanted to share my full range of music selection. And I dont think a lot of people know this, but I love listening to songs from around the world, I dont care that I dont understand the lyrics. It doesnt bother me. I love the unique quality of and how different it is to Western music. Be it French, German, African, Indian, Korean, etc etc etc...

ON TO THE MUSIC:

1. TV ON THE RADIO - CAFFEINATED CONSCIOUSNESS. 

Oh man, this is my life story at the moment.. I cant seem to start the day without a caffeinated beverage. Its usually a Mocha or Passionfruit Iced Tea. When I first heard this song I thought it was a Jack White track.. alas I was wrong. This song has tipped me over the line in regards to TV on the Radio. I really like them. In saying, I am probably a little too late to be in like with T.O.T.R - their basist unfortunately died of lung cancer, and the band isn't sure about their long term plan.

2. JAMIE WOON - LADY LUCK

I should really thank my mother for this find. I have discusses Jamie Woon before (over here). And this second single from his album, Mirrorwriting, is really really good - its like a throwback to the 90s but with a 00's edge. Jamie Woon wasn't recently signed to Polydor (huge Indie record company in the UK) and his album is gearing up to be a huge success. Fun fact about Jamie Woon - he like me is half Malaysian... REPPPPP THAT SHIZZZ.

3. BAXTER DURY - HOTEL IN BRIXTON
CLICK THIS LINK TO GO HEAR IT.
This is very much the random track for this post. I fund Baxter Dury during my trawl of blogs, and I really like this song - I heard some more from their album.. and not as keen. What do you make of these guys???

4. THEOPHILUS LONDON - I STAND ALONE

Ahhh... comfort zone. Theophilus London is awesome :) And his songs just keep getting better and better. Killer hook on this on too! I heard in anticipation of the second season of How To Make It In America - starring Kid Cudi. Which I am very excited to see!!!

5. SUCHITRA - DIA DIA DOLE FROM AVAN IVAN

This instrumental track comes from the Tamil movie Avan Ivan. And I love the really traditional sounds that sort of builds up to this happy and energetic drum section. I cant stop playing this song when I need a G-Up. Its perfect. And really, you cant beat Suchitra's voice.

AND THAT IS ALL FOR THIS WEEK!
Technically, this was published on a Tuesday.. but hey sue me.
Uni work has been a mofo to deal with this last couple of weeks...



STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,