Sep 19, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: CHILDISHGAMBINO, MAVERICK SABRE, MODESELEKTOR, NEONINDIAN, FRIENDS

This week its very much about new new music.
Like people you haven't might not have heard before 'new'. Ha! This week is very much about Hip Hop**. So enjoy!

1. CHILDISH GAMBINO - BONFIRE

So my main man Childish Gambino does indeed get top billing this week. Cause I am in love with this song and him. Ever since the super-knowing Dominique dropped to me that Childish Gambino is in fact Troy from Community... well lets just shizz got a little epic. Who knew the hilarious Troy/Donald Glover is also super amazing talented rhyme beast Childish Gambino. Well you do know! I am so keen for his album "Camp" to drop in November - ps get it >> Camp. Bonfire. Camp - Bonfire!

2. FRIENDS - I'M HIS GIRL

A chilled out track to make you have a breather from listening to the epic'ness of that Childish Gambino track! Ha! Nah, but seriously.. I really like this song from indie new comers Friends. Its so simple and who can argue with that beginning riff. "I'm not just another chick.. I'm his girl.."

3. MODESELEKTOR - GRILLWALKER

I think this song is a perfect mix of experimental and pop love. Its a good transition track to take you away from the Top 40 techno into more sophisticated dance stuff. And that intro with the voice over is just the icing on the cake. Modeselektor you have converted me.

4. MAVERICK SABRE - LET ME GO

After a whole week of enjoying some Jamie Woon love, I love that I found this quite similar artist. Maverick Sabre also English has one of the most interesting voices - one of those voices that gives me straight up goose bumps. I was actually going to feature his track I Need for this week (as this was the first song I found of Maverick Sabre's) but when I heard Let Me Go (when stalking the mofo on the 'Tube) I couldn't resist not sticking this one up instead. The sounds in Let Me Go (the horns... the drums.. the voice..) are some of my favourite sounds. I can tell you now this track is going to be on repeat on the way to Uni today.

5. MAC MILLER - FACE THE FACTS

Mac Miller reminds me of Lupe Fiasco and this tracks reminds me of Kick Push - but not.
Mac Miller is just a chilled Hip Hop artist, and its a great change. Enjoy whilst riding around in your hipster bike..


AND THATS IT FOR NOW FOLKS, 
So why not share the love and bandy this post around - maybe you would like to share it on your Facebook wall   ....Just sayin.
Its as easy as clicking the little like button below ;)

**You can tell that my music listening is a cyclical process - I'll have a whole hip hop week.. then get a little indie.. then some pop-ness, continuing with a little jazz, then head back in to my comfort zone of hip hop.

STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,