Aug 31, 2011

NAILS: JUNGLE FEVER

click play :)


NAIL INSPIRATION BROUGHT TO YOU BY MIXING A LITTLE AUTUMN LOVE AND A LITTLE SPRING ANTICIPATION. AND SOME DIY ACTION, BUT FOR THAT SCROLL TO THE END.

Yellow and Wine/Burgundy are "the" colours of the the Fall season ahead. However us in the Southern hemisphere have Spring on the horizon; and with that comes animal print, bright colours, some colour blocking action circa 2010 even (?) So I tried to mix these to form my nail inspiration. I thought it was quite fitting as its the first day of 2011 Spring tomorrow.

I call this the perfect mix for some trans-seasonal nail wear.



DIY ELEMENT:
I know that Sally Hansen has these **weird** stick on nail things that come in a leopard print motif, but why shell out $20 when you can have the same effect without damaging your nails. All you need is some forgotten colours in your nail box/bag.
I USED:
BYS Yellow + Cheap Black from a chemist + O.P.I Chopstickingtoourstory.
(Do I know how to mix high luxe and low cheap, or what???)


&& BASICALLY ITS:
1. TWO COATS OF YELLOW/LIGHT BROWN
2. BLOB (strategically) SOME ORANGE OR BROWN
3. CAREFULLY OUTLINE THESE BLOBS IN BLACK.. But notice that I didn't go all the way around the blobs. 

Inspirations from Honestly WTF (I really like the last picture of the gold ring and gold nail polish) and A Pair & A Spare.

If you try it out, I want to see it! TWITPIC IT @ME


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,