Aug 29, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: KASABIAN, JESCAHOOP, PNAU, THERAPTURE,

Good Morning people! Are we ready for another NEWMUSICMONDAY?
Remember if you missed the other posts in the series, just to click the link above (underneath the banner) where its says "NewMusicMonday" Its a little bit more Indie than usual though... :S

1. KASABIAN - DAYS ARE FORGOTTEN

Yay Yay Yay! New Kasabian track equals new Kasabian album. Which hopefully also mean Australian Tours?? Unless they get conned into a festival. :( BOO!
Come do a full out gig Kasabian!
** Is it weird, that I really dig the chant/screaming at the intro...

2. JESCA HOOP - FOUR DREAMS

I can not thank my friend Josie enough for introducing me to the amazing Jesca Hoop. I am a fan of trading music with friends, and Josie always brings me sweet European Indie goodness in trade for my hip bop beats. We make a good partnership :) Anyway, so Jesca Hoop. Chick is under-rated! How come Triple J isn't on this girl?? I think she would make a killing here in Aust. following the footsteps of other powerful female singers; Fever Ray, Florence & The Machine, Lykke Li, Santigold etc etc etc...

Jesca Hoop used to be employed to Tom Waits (cool!) and has been writing/recording/performing since 2004. This track is from her 2009 album Hunting My Dress (the whole album is amazing) but Jesca Hoop moved to UK and recorded a newer album, came out March of this year, and its called Snowglobe. I am yet to check it out - but as soon as I do, I'll let you knw how it went ;)

I ALSO LOVE THIS TRACK FROM THE ALBUM, AND COULDN'T NOT INCLUDE IT.
It gives me shivers...


3. PNAU - BETTER WAY 

I absolutely love the melody, rhythm and progression of the verses from this song. As soon as it hits the chorus.. I cringe a bit. I wished PNAU had carried through the sombre feeling throughout the song.

4. THE RAPTURE - IT TAKES TIME TO BE A MAN

So um... I am definitely getting The Rapture's new album. And tickets to their gig (their Australian tour will be starting in March, 2012).

5. POOLSIDE - HARVEST MOON

Such a chill track, and yeah can definitely see myself grooving to this in the summer holidays. :)


IN OTHER MUSIC NEWS...

EXCLUSIVE OF B.o.B - STRANGE CLOUDS FT LIL WAYNE
I was alerted by Playground that there is a video going around of a sneak peak of B.o.B's new track (and collaboration) with Lil Wayne. I actually really like this track, and am looking forwards for the song to be released. Also like that B.o.B leaked it himself at a gig... I am sure (judging by the crowds reaction to hearing Lil Wayne come in halfway through) that the people there absolutely appreciated the sneak peak.


HOPE YOU ENJOYED :)
TALK SOON, XOXOX!


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,