Jun 13, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: DIAFRIX, EARL SWEATSHIRT, CIVIL WARS, SHABAZZ PALACES, ATMOSPHERE, KITTY DAISY LEWIS

Oh wow I know, I know.. havent seen little old me for awhile have we.
Well now that Uni is done with for the next month and half at least, I have so many little projects I need to get on to. (Some of these link back to some of my old posts)
A bit of DIY
More street style stuff over at IGSITC
More Outfit of the Days
And.. I might do another whole month of photos ( like I did here in December).

But for now, lets get on to le' musique.

1. DIAFRIX - SIMPLE MAN FT DANIEL MERRYWEATHER
Oh my gosh, how I have missed Daniel Merryweather's voice. Get out another album already fool!
Diafrix's new one your perfect tune for winter when you're dreaming of a summer weekend. I started to listen to some other Diafrix songs, and I am loving Concrete Jungle as well. This song is quite the infectious one. After listening to it once, I had the chorus stuck in my head: "Guess I'm a simple man, no money no dental plan baby..." It had a very early 2000 feel to it, which I love as well.


2. KITTY, DAISY & LEWIS - DONT MAKE A FOOL OUTA ME
A bit of blues rock for your Monday night... or I guess you could genre this into rockabilly. But I think while the band itself is definitely rockabilly, this song isn't. It sounds like a recording from the 60s, but I kid you not my friends it is Kitty, Daisy & Lewis playing live at a radio station in the UK (only audio I could find..) This song is of their new record which came out this year. And can I just say the beat boxing in the middle of this song, really sold it to me. Kitty, Daisy & Lewis are all sibling (average age 20 years old) hailing from UK and all have mad style. I am really loving these guys and cant wait to try and scour Brisbane city for their album :)


3. ATMOSPHERE - GUNS & CIGARETTES 
Despite being released in 2001, this song is still so timeless. Its getting huge again over the internet, and hopefully thats a sign that Atmosphere are getting back together. Nothing like a bit of Minesota Hip Hop :). Its just a great Sunday tune I think, and who can fault that beautiful piano sampling.


4. THE CIVIL WARS - BARTON HOLLOW
So if you like your folk slash blues songs, you will love this Nashville duo; The Civil Wars. This song is so so so good, and apparently a whole lot of people think so too. They premiered at South by South West and have been on The Jay Leno Show and performed at Sundance. So these guys are totally on for stardom. So glad I found this songs and this band. I am sooo basking in my boho indiness right now...


5. SHABAZZ PALACES - Swerve... The reeping of all that is worthwhile (Noir not withstanding)
Um, yep that title was a mouthful. I love this song cause you get like a 2 in 1 deal. At about 2:12 the song changes. And its such a great way to break up verses and rhymes. I am in love with this song and Shabazz Palaces, I am on the hunt for more from these guys.


6. EARL SWEATSHITR (OFWGKTA) - DROP
So the controversial Odd Future group.. They got slammed on Triple J during their tour around the Australian cities. Not sure on where I stand just yet, all I know is that these guys are social media geniuses. Definitely not keen on the lyrics and some of the statements.. but I can fault them on their production and music. Call me ridiculous, but I am quite partial to a dirty beat like in Drop. I think that Earl Sweatshirt (as ridiculous is the name)is probably the most talented of all the Odd Future crew, but I do like me some Tyler.



I think I got a song here for almost everyone.. bar some of the more mainstream genres.
But I have sure more than made up for it with this post here...
Hope everyone is having a great mid year break, if not you are studying hard towards your exams.
And if you are also like almost 3/4 of my friends&family are all away on amazing holidays... I am jealous. Super jealous.

TALK SOON, 
XOXO.


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,