Mar 14, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: THESTROKES, OUTASIGHT, MIKEPOSNER, TSHIRT

Back to another NEWMUSICMONDAY :)
I like these posts, cause MUSIC is a big passion of mine, although I cant play an instrument to save my life.. haha.

Lets get straight into it. Last week was all LADY POWER!
So this year lest balance it out with some manly action ;)

1. THE STROKES - MAACHU PICCHU
It some Chilean magic, and this song is so so catchy. I have hear of The Strokes before, but never gave them the time of day. And for that I am very sorry, cause I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEIR NEW STUFF and SOME OLDER ONES. I am definitely getting the band's new album Angles when it comes out this weekend.



2. OUTASIGHT - ITS LIKE THAT
I first heard of Outasight on RayWilliamJohnson's Youtube shows. RWJ used one of his songs as both the shows intro and outro. What is so awesome about Outasight is that he is a musician through and through. Such a decent man that he actually gave away some of his songs absolutely free at the start of his career. This song is bright and summery. I love it.


3. MIKE POSNER - ROLLING IN THE DEEP
Its a cover of a song by the amazing Adelle. Although Mike Posner is a little (um, actually a lot) arrogant and I aint too keano on most of his songs, I think this cover is brilliantly done. That is all I will say.


4. T.SHIRT - 24 FRAMES
Its a whole song by hip hop coolness T.Shirt revolving around film titles! SO SO COOL! I challenge you to count the number of movies you can hear in the song.. ;)



Follow amped+dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,