Mar 7, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: WOMEN POWER, SIA, LYKKELI, ZOWIE

ITS ALL WOMEN POWER TODAY!
THIS IS IN LIGHT OF ME HEADING TO THE WOMEN IN MUSIC CONFERENCE being held at the Judith Wright Centre, Brisbane.

Thus I bring you a couple of links, and some videos from some very strong women hitting the music scene at the moment. So all have new singles, albums and tours out.

1. LYKKE LI - GET SOME
First we have the beautiful and talented Lykke Li. I have heard of Lykke Li, but never her songs. I wonder why - cause I bloody love what she has got to say. Especially in this single. The album is currently circulating as Triple J's album of the week, so if you want to know more about it head over here. Lykke Li, surprisingly her real name (what a kick ass name) is from Sweden and her new album is very powerful and has an anthem for every woman out there!
One of my favourite is the single of the album Get Some.


2. ZOWIE - BITE BACK
This is Zowie, she is New Zealander but it definitely wont be long before Australians will adopt her as our own ;). This is (I believe) Zowie's debut single and album to follow. And I tell you what, from what I have heard of her and what I have seen at Future Music Festival - she is AMAZING. When I saw her at Future this past weekend, she was energetic and just plain cool. I guess she could claim the "Lily Allen/Florence of Australia/NZ" tittle.


3. SIA - UNDER THE MILKY WAY
I absolutely adore this song. Its actually a cover of 80s band The Church (the original here). Which could definitely be called the most underrated 80s song ever. Sia definitely does a beautiful version, but doesnt stray away from the original, which a lot of people might say "YAY!!!". But I love it when an artist covers a song, they switch it up a little to make it their own. This song is getting a lot of hype cause it is rumoured that Sia actually covered this song exclusively for American car company Lincoln for their new SUV. But, I heard it on the latest episode of Greek.



SO THERE YOU GO!
Enjoy some powerful women making some powerful new music.
And hopefully I can get some interesting notes and pictures from the conference tomorrow. Just some FYI, these are the sessions that I am heading too.




Maybe I will see you there?
I am so excited.

UNTILL NEXT TIME GANG!



Follow amped+dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,