Jan 24, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: 360, B.o.B, Adele, Asher Roth

1. 360 - Boys Like You.
360 is one of my favourite Australian Hip Hop artist around at the time. He makes no excuses for being the smart ass and still living with his mum. He argues "its smarter than running around town broke". Amen, sir. He seems to make almost all his songs really really catchy, and thats probably thanks to having a different point of view than other artists in Australia at the moment.. as well as working with some really smart producers. This song has a reggae feel and an unbelievable hook. "If I had listen, I wont be in this position". If you like this, I suggest you Youtube 360 for some of his other great hits, my absolute favourite song of his is below Boys Like You. Enjoy Facebook Fiend.

2. B.o.B - I'll Be in The Sky. 
I do love this mix of hip hop and indie music. Its one of my favourite genres. I write more about that here. I think I am a little late on the scene with this song, but I found this B.o.B track just last week therefor it qualifies for this NEWMUSICMONDAYpost :). Also another song with a killer hook.

3. Adele - If It Hadn't Been for Love. 
By now, you probably think all I love his hip hop and male artists (partly true haha..) But I do love my fare share of Blues and Jazz. And no one does it like Adele. I love this song, found it on HypeMachine. Have you checked it out yet?? I didint fall in love with Adele as quickly as a lot of other people did. But my mother absolutely loves her.. so I have slowly started to appreciate her. This song is just so devine.. I love the guitar picking (??) and almost acapella'ness of it all.

4. Asher Roth - G.R.I.N.D
Oh.. Asher Roth.. how I love you sir. His voice is so smooth and clear producing a unique sound than the norm hip hop artists. I'll admit and say that I was like blown away when I actually saw a video clip of  him. He is so tiny and "normal looking" lol. Yet he makes such cool; down to earth music. 
"I figured out, I don’t have to dress this way, but I can still love hip-hop."
                                                                                                                     (Asher Roth) 

THANK YOU FOR ANOTHER AWESOME NEWMUSICMONDAY!
IF YOU HAVE ANY SONGS THAT I SHOULD LISTEN TO OR THINK I MIGHT LIKE - LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.


UNTILL NEXT TIME GANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,