Jan 18, 2011

2011 GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS: THE RED CARPET

Lets break it down people. I definitely thought I would wake up to the blogosphere going crazy over the red carpet from the Golden Globe Awards over the weekend.

But apparently, not so much. Well I was very excited cause I actually to see the E! coverage (I forget how much I love this channel) of the red carpet which I always love (I have Pay TV where I am now). I also got to watch the awards :) But only half of it. I thought almost everyone looked amazing! But of course I have my top three. And also most improved. As I was watching the red carpet I was like, man... this is really bias I only love (die!) for dresses on whom the people I love. In other words I literally fell on the floor for people whose movies/shows I have absolutely loved all last year.

On to the dresses. There was definitely a couple of trends that was going at this year's Golden Globes. I apologise early on, if I just murder these technical terms. I am going off what I have watched of Project Runway ;) I can just picture next season's Rachel Zoe Project where RZ runs around Paris and Milan trying to find that perfect dresses for her clients.

  1. Trains (specifically Mermaid ones)
  2. Column bodies (where they just go straight down)
  3. Tight fitting bodices
  4. Lots of SPARKLE!
  5. Statement shoes, although most of the time you couldn't see it haha..
  6. BLACK
  7. BLUSH/REDS/ORANGES/PEACH
  8. JEWEL TONES, EMERALD AND ROYAL BLUE
  9. and duh.. CUT OUT BACKS.
TOP 3
ANNE HATHAWAY
ARMANI PRIVE
Loved Loved Loved this dress so much. And how can you not love Anne Hathaway. I think she/RZ really got what the Golden Globe Awards is all about. Its casual but fancy. Some celebrities just went too formal. 

EMMA STONE
CALVIN KLINE COLLECTION
So simple, and so so chic. Emma Stone pulls of this colouring oh so well. I now want to run out and get myself a peach maxi. Also, absolutely loved her reaction to Robert Downey Jr's pass at her.

LEIGHTON MEESTER
BURBERRY PRORSUM
She did the Gossip Girl cast well, no one else from the GG show attended the event, but I am sure Leighton Meester more than made for it. Loved the print and the daring slit down the dress. Also, I didn't see her bag on the red carpert but found a picture of it as I was hunting the above. And can I just say - I want it. Or at least try and DIY it. =|

MOST IMPROVED
TINA FEY
FROM THIS
TO A L'WREN SCOTT PIECE
Um, you guys can clearly see why. I do love my Tina Fey regardless. :)


WHAT THE?
  
HELENA BONHEM CARTER
VIVIENNE WESTWOOD
I know its slightly weird, but I kinda digg it. Especially the sunnies. You go HBC!!

HEIDI KLUM
MARC JACOBS
Not for her dress, but for the makeup.. Heidi Klum is a natural beauty, she really didint need any make up let alone a really heavy look. Really unimpressed. 


THE MEN

ANDREW GARFIELD
CUSTOM EMPORIO ARMANI
Lets face it, he is just hottttt! And The Social Network was my favourite film this year. 

ROBERT DOWNEY JR.
PRADA
Only one I could see without the boring black suit. And like I said above, loved his bit when he was announcing best actress award in a comedy. This guy is just so funny.

ZAC EFRON
CALVIN KLIEN
No one can rock a slim suit and tie like Zac Efron. Love the line down the side as well. 


SPECIAL MENTION
ANGELINA JOLIE AND JENNIFER LOPEZ
ATELIER VERSACE                               ZUHAIR MURAD

***
Thank you Just Jared for making these pictures so accesible. Hence why you're at the top for people to source images from you. I bet your website hits have been crazy these last couple of days/hours ;)
Image sources - JUST JARED - also check out the site for other dresses from the night. These guys are pro at catching everyone from all different angles.

kazz, ☮+ xo.
amped+dangerous.

2 comments:

  1. Angelina's outfit this year a bit meh, esp for her. She's stunning (although she really does need to EAT more).. I missed the show, but AH is just so elegant :)

    wtf wt Heidi Klum she's usually better than that.. awww shucks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favourite was Olivia Wilde's dress. It was AHMAYZING. I am so in love. I hated Angie's dress. Blurgh. I wasn't too fussed on Leighton's at first but it's grown on me a lot. Emma S looked gorgeous but I feel like everything just blended into one; her dress, her skin, her hair. I feel like she needed some colour with such pale skin and blonde hair. I adooooore Tina Fey and really liked her dress choice this year. Julianne Moore was foooooul. Also love Dianna Agron's dress. She pretty much rocks anything she wears.

    ReplyDelete

Oh hello,