Nov 19, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: MAN WITH IRON FIRST, JACK WHITE, LEFTBOY & THE CHILD OF LOV

Welllllll hello. It has been quite some time since we have had a fresh serving of NewMusicMonday. But since that was going to be my last few weeks left in New York, I wanted to take time away from my routine and explore the last corners of The Big Apple. In saying that, here is this week's installment of NewMusicMonday - brought to you fresh from the Marriott hotel in Dallas, Texas (our layover, before continuing to Brisbane, Austraaayaaaaa mate).

Quite a few full sized clips in this post - but that's because the videos are amazing! Enjoy!

1. JACK WHITE - I'M SHAKIN

I am incredibly in love with this track and video clip at the moment, I cant stop but press replay and shake my tail feather - I feel like this is the perfect song to shake such a body part. Despite his illustrious career being in bands such as The White Stripes, Raconteurs and Dead Weather, this soulful track comes from Jack White's debut solo album; Blunderbuss. And what a record it is! Its classic rock with a beautiful soul and southern twist. The album came out a lot earlier this year (April) but the video to I'm Shakin only recently came out. And as always, when a video clip is as cool as this one, I just had to put the whole thing up. It just makes me feel good to watch this. I hope you do too.

2. LEFTBOY - HEALTHY EGO

Leftboy from Vienna, Austria;  is no stranger to Amped & Dangerous pages. The dude just really knows how to make some catchy music and random as shit music videos! Healthy Ego's has served its purpose in being the track we get ready to as we are about to head out on the town in Brooklyn. Great beat, a hilariously weird music video and some funny lyrics - it really is the perfect G-Up song!

3. THE CHILD OF LOV - HEAL 

C'mon you have to admit that this video clip is pretty freaking cool. Those kids have been styled to the nines and they rock their look with such sass and bad ass attitude - it makes me jealous. The Child of Lov is somewhat of an enigma. In the sense that no one really knows who he is or where he came from. But he is here and is ready to enduce us with intergalactic R&B and space Hip Hop jams. He joins the rank of musicians such as Gorrilaz, MF Doom (who he recently did a track with; pictured below) and Daft Punk as he chooses not to share his identity (yet!) to people. This is Child of Lov's debut single - and from following his blog and social media, looks like his debut album is also set to be a killer record. I can't wait to hear more from this incredibly intriguing solo artist.

4. MAN WITH IRON FIST SOUNDTRACK - RIVERS OF BLOOD

If you haven't heard much about Quentin Tarantino's newest production; then read it now - it is the feature film from Wu Tang Clan's own RZA!!!! Written (with Eli Roth), directing and starring; RZA's film "Man With An Iron Fist" is very reminiscent of many Tarantino and Eli Roth films - which I have a strong love/hate relationship with - but I have seen the trailer for this film, and I can't wait to go and see it. Starring a plethora of amazing actors, the movie is also boasting one of the best original soundtracks to feature in a film this year! Everyone from Kanye West, Black Keys, My Chemical Romance and more have contributed to the film's score and is setting its sights on Oscars - I am sure! This track is one of my favourite from the soundtrack - featuring Wu Tang Clan and Kool G Rap, the song is grimy and hard hitting - perfect to pump you up for any situation.

Quite a mixbag today - hope you enjoyed it! I have quite a few posts backed up ready to be published - so it definitely wont be long till you see another post from me.
It's great to be back in the swing of A&D things - hope you didnt miss me too much ;) 


twitterbloglovinfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,