Jan 9, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: WALLPAPER, LEFTBOY, BENHOWARD, CHETFAKER

GOOOOOOOOOD MORNING BLOGOSPEHERE!
It is most definitely a New Monday, so here are some definite New Music. I've got quite a few random sources, but hey thats what its all about isn't it?

1. WALLPAPER - BLAKE GRIFFININ'

Alright, so I can't quite figure out Wallpaper. I think the dude has some amazing production skills and makes some really catchy tunes - you might actually know his tune STUPiDFACEDED - but they all border on the line of comedy. But there is definitely a market for this. Where you get some clips of cool tunes, you also get a balance of some LMFAO sounding noise. Blake Griffinin' is hilarious if you follow the NBA. It has some pretty cool references to Blake Griffin (duh!) and Scotty Pippin : )

2. LEFT BOY - OUTRO

**Warning, there is some heavyyyyy swearing in this track.
The more I find out about this guys, the more I am digging Left Boy's vibe in general. His music is super catchy, and reminds me of Asher Roth/Wax. The video clip to OUTRO more than anything got me really. If you're a big slo-mo and texture film fan, than this one is for you. Super cool. I'm currently editing some films for work, so this has been a great inspiration.

3. BEN HOWARD - ONLY LOVE 

**Live recording.
Slowing down the pace slightly, with some Ben Howard action. And what a super sweet song it is. Its non-offensive, lyrical and pretty. If you like folk music, then definitely add Ben Howard to your collection, although he hasn't officially released a whole album out yet : (. He has however been invited to play at South X South West this year, and I recommend anyone going to the Texas festival to head down and watch the dude. He is one super talented guy. Ben Howard, remember the name.

4. CHET FAKER - JEANS & WALLETS

Chet Faker, Melbourne dude with a brilliant beard. And some killer production skills. It nice to hear Australia embracing the more lo-fi inspired and experimental sounds. I heard this song once aaaages ago, and I was crazily trying to search for it by typing the lyrics into google "...saw your lips were parted, before the engine started..." and couldn't find anything. But trusty old Triple J came through this week, and I found out that the song belonged to Chet Faker : ) So now I am gonna go and hunt down more tracks!

And thats me this NewMusicMonday lovely people,
Hope you have an amazing week ahead of you! And I shall see you very soon with my Triple J Hottest 100 picks.
-XOXO-


TUMBLRTWITTERBLOGLOVINFB LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,