Nov 22, 2012

PEDESTRIAN.TV PHOTO AWARDS

Wow, I am so incredibly excited by this opportunity, its insane. The annual Pedestrian.TV Photography Awards has chosen its finalists - and I am very proud to announce that I have been chosen as one of them :) 

So of course I would love to enlist your help in getting me to win the whole thing! If you fancy yourself as a bit of an art curator, click here to go and see the image in high res and "like" to vote!

The photo that you see above is the one I entered for P.TV's Mobile Photo category - a new category for photos captured only with your smart phones. And as a huge fan of iphonegraphie, I am happy to see that this category has been finally added on to the bill. Just goes to show that you don't necessarily have to parade around with the latest DSLRs to capture that perfect moment. 

But I do think everyone should look this fabulous when they have an SLR slung aorund their necks.

A little back story on this photo and why I chose this one for the competition: This photo always reminds me my love of cooking; especially Asian food. And I was cooking a Thai curry one night when I was chopping up the ingredients where I fell in love with the colour combination of the jewelled lilac red onions next to the firey birds-eye chillies. I just had to take a photo of it. And I love how the "1997" filter (on Instagram) helped make the photo pop even more. I love the colours in this photo and the way it all sits. 

Have you got any favourite smart phone photos that you have captured - leave it on the A&D FB Wall.


twitterbloglovinfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,