Aug 27, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: THEPRESETS, LUPEFIASCO, THELUMINEERS, FLYINGLOTUS

Good afternoon one and all! Hope the weekend treated us all alright! I had a great weekend where I celebrated a going away and hung out with some of my favourite people. I also witness the opening weekend of Brisbane's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, so all around it has been a good one!

But you're here for some new music. So on with it ;)
 
1. THE PRESETS - GHOSTS

The Presets are back with a brand new album (Pacifica, out in early September) and this is their second single - which has been playing the rounds on Triple J with a lot of love and a lot of hate! People seem to be bipolar about the track, but personally I love it! Obviously very very different from their previous stuff, but different in a good way - in an evolving way. Actually it kind of reminds me of Miike Snow and the likes of Alt-J etc. What do you think? Yay or Nay?

2. LUPE FIASCO - LAMBORGHINI ANGELS

At first when I saw the title of this new one from Lupe Fiasco, I thought to myself, oh noooo Lupe, please don't tell me you're going to be rapping about cars and Don Perrion? But thankfully Lupe spares of that kind of monstrosity. The track is actually pretty decent. The beat unmistakeably classic Lupe and the rapping heavy and poignant as ever. Love!

3. THE LUMINEERS - HO HEY

I vote this song as "Most Adorable Track" of the week! The sweet track Ho Hey comes from three piece Colorado band The Lumineers. And it comes from their self titled debut album. Its folksy, a bit grunge and very reminiscent of some Edwarp Sharpe sounds - which I am totally not complaining, I do love me some alternative folk music. I am looking forward to finding from more the talented band, but for now this beautiful song is on repeat... "I belong with you and, you belong with my sweeeeeeetheartttttt".

4. BETWEEN FRIENDS - FLYING LOTUS FT EAR SWEATSHIRT & CPT. MURPHY

Definitely not one for everyone. But if you are loving the alternative hip hop coming out lately, you are bound to love this one. Earl Sweatshirt is definitely one of my favourite artists from the Odd Future outfit and you can hear why. He has a very distinct way of rapping which I am a fan of. But this is not about the features, its about Flying Lotus, a genius experimental producer from California. It really shouldn't be a surprise that my love for this song is because of the backing track. Flying Lotus is a new discovery for me but he has of course graced the airwaves for a while now, so I am excited to go hunting for some more Flying Lotus tracks!


twitterbloglovinfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,