Mar 5, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: WZRD, MYBRIGHTESTDIAMOND, THEGOTEAM

Oh heyyyyyyyyyyy.
How are we? Good? Good. My weekend was filled with DIY'ing (posts to come) and tea times with great friends. Oh and did I mention that I got to see the Last Dinosaurs as well? Oh yeah that too.. :) I love my job. Lets get into this >>

1. WZRD - THE UPPER ROOM

WZRD is Kid Cudi's newest outfit featuring his long time producer friend Dot Da Genius. And the two of them are together trying to tackle the world of rock. Now... as much as I think Cudi wants to be taken as a rock musician with this record, I think the sound is still very alternative hip hop/ RnB. Its even a happy medium between the two genres. Cudi is getting hate for this album and he's getting A LOT! of support. What side are you on? I love it.

2. MY BRIGHTEST DIAMOND - GOLDEN STAR

My Brightest Diamond is a new one for me, but the sound is not. This track is powerful, melodic and has some cool instruments - anyone notice the double bass in the background? : ) It really reminds me of a lot of The Audreys. A classic folk track with some more of an indie feel to it. And really powerful vocals... love love love.

3. THE GO TEAM - LADYFLASH

Alright, I cheated with this last one... its definitely not new. Its in fact quite older but its new o me guys!  I have been obsessed with this track ALL WEEK. The sampling action in this track is awesome and The Go Team really know how to mix different genres in there too - some World, Alternative and the killer MC'ing. I can't help but get my groove going when I hear this song :)

And unfortunately its only the three tracks today lovely people, as I am short for time and am trying to start another exciting project... all involving Amped+Dangerous. So look out for that one.

I'm always on the look out for new music people, so send me in your suggestions over at the Facebook.


TUMBLRTWITTERBLOGLOVINFB LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,