Mar 19, 2012

NEWMUSICMONDAY: ROBERT GLASPER, VEX RUFFIN, PLAN B, YUNA

Good Monday everyone. Hope you had a great weekend, with St Patty's and all. Keep the good times rolling this week too - with hopefully some of my NewMusicMonday picks. Its an eclectic mix this week.
I have also changed the format, I'm not going to explain too much about a track - as I think most of you guys are here for the sweet tracks and not my crazy over-enthusiastic ramblings ***Unless where I couldn't help myself. ; )

1. ROBERT GLASPER EXPERIMENT - AH YEAH FT MUSIQ SOULCHILD & CHRISETTE MICHELE. 

So smooth, the perfect soul song to get you through a rainy week that we have been having. I was introduce to the talented Robert Glasper by (one of my favourite) music/culture blogger > Dee from That Good Good Blog, she has amazing taste! I'm definitely taking her advice and getting myself the album from Glasper: Black Radio.

2. VEX RUFFIN - MAN WITH A PLAN

This definitely isn't going to be everyone's a taste, a shock from the soulful sounds above. But watch out, Vex Ruffin's gonna kill it this year with his new EP "Crash Course". If you dig the sounds of Vex Ruffin, check out his track I'm Creative - its another favourite of mine : )

3. PLAN B - ILL MANORS

I freakin love this song. Plan B is back with a vengeance, trying to spread awareness of England's youth issues. And he's doing it by releasing an album accompanied by a short movie. Very exciting, and its inspiring to know that artists are thinking outside of the box to get their music out there. BUT ONE THING. The reason I freaking love this song is because Plan B samples (copies??) one of my favourite songs Alles Neu by Peter Fox.

4. YUNA - LIVE YOUR LIFE

You would have heard me go one about Yuna here. And how right was I ; )
Nah, all (unjustified) ego aside, this song is just soooooo good. The official single from her forthcoming self titled album. Its been on repeat for me since I found it on Hype Machine's Top 20 list. Cant wait to hear the whole album from Yuna.

And thats it from this Monday.
Have you got any new songs to share?



TUMBLRTWITTERBLOGLOVINFB LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,