Oct 3, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: MUTEMATH, 360, SNAKADAKTAL

Hello Hello Party People.
How are we all?? I am back with a NewMusicMonday for you. I absoluetly love doing these posts and it seems the love is very mutual ;)
Let us begin...

1. MUTEMATH - ODD SOUL

I heard this first on Triple J's Richard Kingsmill show on Sunday nights (what I would do for this man's gig on Sunday nights) and let me just say this: I had shivers running through me. This grungy dirty vintage rock sound is up there with my love for Hip Hop. I maintain that in a past life I was a 70s groupie. I LOVE THIS TRACK. AND MUTEMATH. For all my pop culture fanatics out there, you may remember MUTEMATH for their song Spotlight in the Twilight Soundtrack.  If you like Kasabian, The Battles, Black Keys etc.. you are gonna love MUTEMATH's new album.

2. 360 - CHILD
360 has officially released his new album and its pretty good yo. I don't think its as strong as his last one... but there are some real gold mines in this new one. Apart from the Josh Pyke & Gossling track (which have already been featured on Triple J) my favourite song on Flying and Falling is Child. Thanks to the amazing crew at InTheMix, you can go and stream the whole album online here. Have fun and make sure to check out Child  :)

3. SNAKADAKTAL - CHIMERA

Oh wow, I am so glad I decided to check this song out. This Snakadaktal track is brought to you via the awesome ladies at Sargasso Sea - we're like totally blog buddies now - and I love it. You can actually go and read Sargasso Sea's review of the Snakadaktal show here, when they came around to Brisbane. I am so glad that these kids won Triple J Unearthed (man this post is a Triple J love affair) - cause they are so deserving. This song is sooooo pretty, and the lead singer's voice has a beautiful resemblance to Florence Welch's. And I really don't mind the Peter Pan reference...  Now, I have left you with the whole video up here, because its so damn amazing. I love the direction and styling of the video - Lucy Mckenderick, lady you are a genius!

ECLECTIC PICK
4. PITCH BLACK AFRO FT BRAVO - MATOFOTOFO

This was another friend swap (seriously, if you want to swap some music - I'm into it yo). 
Like in my previous NewMusicMonday, I wanted to include an eclectic mix of songs - cause it really is a more rounded view of my Itunes playlist ;) Tsotsi has an amazing soundtrack. One of my favourite tracks on it is Matofotofo from Pitch Black Afro ft Bravo.  If you like this African Hip Hop sound, go forth and find more from the Tsotsi soundtrack :) 

AND THATS IT FOR ANOTHER WEEK, 
CATCH UP WITH THE REST OF MY NEWMUSICMONDAY POSTS, OVER HERE


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN // FACEBOOK LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,