Sep 26, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: WAX, OHLAND, LANADELRAY, ASTEROIDGALAXYTOUR, CVRBRTHRS

Its a packed house today on A+ D with songs from almost all types of genres.
So enjoy mo'n cheries.

1. THE ASTEROIDS GALAXY TOUR - MAJOR

I have been in love with The Asteroid's Galaxy Tour ever since I hear their track The Sun Aint Shining No More on the Gossip Girl soundtrack. I did a quick search and found that I love their sound. Before artists like Lykke Li or Little Dragon, The Asteroid's Galaxy Tour were my introduction to this 'European Pop' kind of sound (not to be confused with Eurovision pop - haha).  T.A.G.T are a Danish band and have had their songs featured in so many different projects; the iPod Touch commercial to name one. Major is a new one off their upcoming album and I am very excited for their new one. How can you not love the horns in this song :)

2. OH LAND - TWIST

Oh Land was another friend find. My friends and I exchange music a coupe of weeks back and Oh Land was one of them. Ever since then I have had my ears open to their stuff. This song is off Oh Land's new album coming out pretty soon and this track is really cool. A little Alice in Wonderland mixed with a little Gossip/The Knife sound.

3. WAX - COINS FT EOM

Wax, Wax, Wax... where have you been all my life? Oh I know... on Youtube***. This song is just boss. Its exactly the kind of hip hop that I love. If you also love this sound and Wax then head on over to his Youtube channel for more amazing songs. And can we just talk about the genius EOM on this track as well. That synth work is amazing. Wax and EOM do a bit of work together - and these ones are my favourite from Wax's discography.

***There is a resurgence of artists who are now jumpstarting their music career by getting big on Youtube. The statistic has been bandied around that close to 90% of people listen to music on Youtube... but this usually relates to music already published. I am sure that the numbers would be quite different if the statement was X amount of people find new music/artist on Youtube. Yes, of course there are the cliche's where artists get discovered off Youtube (J. Bieb for example) but for every cliche artist that has come out of the video sharing site, there is 10 more genuine and talented artists on there. And plus, their music videos are so much more cooler.

4. LANA DEL RAY - YOU CAN BE THE BOSS

A good pop song. Catchy hook and good melody. I haven't heard much on Lana Del Ray (so you can be sure that I will be stalking this girl on the internet  in a sec...) but if this song is any indication of her music, I like it. I like it a lot. "You can be the boss baby... you can be the boss". And oh my god, she is like GORGEOUSSSS! Like frikkin model worthy....

5. CVRBRTHRS - PUMPED UP THE KICKS (COVER)

Man... these boys are just sooo amazing! I have actually featured CVRBRTHRS before here. And they just get better and better. I love their take on the Foster The People track.. I like how CVRBRTHRS have striped it back a little but also mixed it up with some electronic sounds. I only have nice things to say about the CVRBRTHRS. Their Jose Gonzales cover is my chill out song, I put it on and all my stresses just fade away... with every strum.


AND THATS IT FOR NOW FOLKS,
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A FABULOUS MONDAY.
I AM OFF TO GO GET ME SOME CANDLES :)
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY???



HAVE YOU LIKED A+D ON FACEBOOK YET?



STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,