Sep 5, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: JAMESBLAKE, LILWAYNE, MAYERHAWTHORNE, COYOTEKISSES


Howdy gang!
Not long since I talk to you... you guys seem to really enjoy the DIY Birthday Card post :) 
Thank you so much for the comments, I love hearing from everyone!

But I am back tonight on a more musical note.
FOR SOME NEWMUSICMONDAY ACTION!

1. JAMES BLACK - LIMIT TO YOUR LOVE
I finally acquired James Blake's self titled album, and I love it. Its like a mix of John Legend (with all the brilliant vocal work) and Gotye (with the airy, psychedelic music work). And this is one of my favourite songs to bust out randomly around the house, and a favourite during shower karaoke.  I can tell my mother is going to snap pretty soon in wanting me to learn the other words. But what good is that?? The best parts is "There's a limit to your love.....!" And I really love this lyric as well. Don't exactly know why, but I do. This album is definitely sing out loud approved :) 

2. LIL WAYNE - PRESIDENT CARTER
Now, before you start judging... hear me out. Unsurprisingly, Jay-Z and Kanye's Watch The Throne smashed billboard records with their uber album, but statisticians and number nerds around the industry are predicting that Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter IV' is more than likely going to double the record set by the Rockafella brothers. So I was curious to hear what it was like. 
So okay, 'Tha Carter' (dont get me started on the 'tha') isn't bad... but it isnt great either. One of the songs that stands out to me personally is President Carter. I love the production on the song. The use of Jimmy Carter's presidential inauguration recording is awesome. There's also a couple more featuring Busta Rhymes which I am in love with.. purely cause there is no other rapper than can rap as fast as Busta Rhymes

3. MAYER HAWTHORNE
I stumbled upon cool dude Mayer Hawthorne when I found his newest single 'The Walk' (first one) but I am so happy that through that I found his 2009 single 'Maybe So, Maybe No'. If you liked the Raphael Saadiq that I have been posting for a while on here, you'll digg Mayer Hawthorne. I've included the two tracks to give you a feel for the dude, and hopefully your iTunes account will show him some love :)
Mayer Hawthorne based in L.A hails from Michigan and isn't actually a singer by trade. He is more of a producer and writer. But the dude he was making records for (Stones Record Label) thought he should do more. His songs have been featured on shows like Ugly Betty and in Kanye West and Spike Jonez's short film We Were Once A Fairytale

4. COYOTE KISSES - ACID WOLFPACK
Click play if you're into the airy alternative instrumental synth stuff. If not you will not digg it. Haha!
I love how it keeps weaving in and out of real instruments and synths and then catapults into the dubstep then back to some sweet melody. Is it any wonder why its called Acid Wolfpack. Hahaha.. This was the fun weird track of the week ;)

AS YOU CAN TELL, I NEED MORE MUSIC PEOPLE!!!
NEW MUSIC THAT IS. 
SO GO AHEAD AND SUGGEST ME SOME LOVELY PEOPLE! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS ARE LISTENING TO

Talk soon, 
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,