Jun 21, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: KANYE, COLDPLAY, RAPTURE, POMPLAMOOSE,

**Update: My internet was acting up last night, so I couldnt upload this on Monday. But hey its still Monday somewhere in the World ;)

So, new Monday - new music.
And I don't have that many artists, but definitely have some pretty good songs.(I hope).

1. KANYE (MOTHEREFFIN) WEST - MAMA'S BOYFRIEND
Kanye West's new single is basically him telling it like it is. Its him relaying his past and his experiences with his Mama's boyfriend. Whatever the storyline may be, I dig this sound. Its the sound and beats that made me fall head over heals for Yeezy. I am so excited for his new album, its ridiculous. He performed the song acapella for the first time at Facebook headquarters. He also previewed to the social media crowd the song Chain Heavy (I am scouring the internet for a leak of this song!!!! Cause Kanye's acapella version is so infectious, I am sure the full sound will be ridiculous) And can we just pause for a second for that amazing suit!


2. COLDPLAY - EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL
I have held of writing about Coldplay's new one purely cause I thought everyone would jump to it before I did. But the single hasn't made a big a splash as I though it would. Maybe they haven't officially released it in good old Australia. But hey, its here and it sounds good. Very much reminiscent of their Viva La Vida album (rumored to be their last, but I guess not).  I kind of thing maybe its a single for the sake of a single, I think some of the other songs will be a lot more profound than this one.What do you think?


3.  THE RAPTURE - HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE
For you The Rapture, my love is very very very deep. YAY TO A NEW SONG BY THE RAPTURE!!!!! Friggin finally. I kid you not, I am still replying No Sex for Ben still on my iTunes. Its definitely a classic song. The single has been released like AAAAAAAAAGES before the album. Their new on In The Grace of Your Love is set to be released in September this year, but I am fairly sure some schmuck will leak it before then. But for now lets enjoy.. :) I really love this song.
"Let me hearrrrrrr that sooooooooong".


4. POMPLAMOOSE - ANOTHER DAY
Now, I am most excited (bar the Kanye news, of course, haha) for this amazingly talented duo Pomplamoose - nah I didn't make the name up, but I am pretty sure they did. Haha. The husband and wife duo are HUGE! on Youtube, and have already played with Alee Wills (who wrote a lot of Earth Wind and Fire songs) and BEN FOLDS & NICK HORNBY!!! So you know they're well celebrated. However the most surprising thing is - they are still unsigned!!! Are you crazy record companies?? I would snap these guys up in a second. They have most of their song on iTunes, but I don't think we in Aust can buy them just yet. So I have been repeating their song on Youtube like craaaaaaazy!

So there is no way I can leave you with just one of their song, I have left you with a tasting plate of three. Another Day (if you wait till the end, you get a little bit extra Pomplamoose) & Jungle Animal (both original) and Telephone (Lady Gaga's cover).




Man... I love finding new music.
Till next time!
XOXO


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,