Nov 26, 2010

colour blocking.

WEHEARTIT.COM 

I love it.  
I think it works extremely well especially when it is done to style a music video.
Now, I know what you're thinking... music videos are a thing of the past - but mark my words. They will be back. If not for its musical and dance direction then most definitely from a fashion perspective.
Some of my all time favourite music videos use colour blocking. Now this might actually be because I was like 7, and colours just work.

Colours were/are a big part of growing up and the 90s.
Its a brilliant marketing tool. Give children a collective group with a differentiating identity in order for them to identify their own selves within the mass. (yep).

EXHIBIT A
 CULTUREBLUES.COM

EXHIBIT B
 TVGUIDE.COM

EXHIBIT C
  WALLPAPERBASE.COM


I never really knew about the concept - especially its technical side till The September Issue. 
That whole scene of Coddington putting together the colours, and the genius idea of using the Film Crew as part of the shoot, and the whole pudgy stomach debacle.. hahah. Ahhhh she is just so creative, intuitive and smart.  - You can youtube that.


FASHIONGUARD.COM

One of my resolutions this year was to wear more colour.. And I semi achieved that resolution.
I love my blacks.. but a little colour didint hurt.

EXHIBIT E
This is one of my childhood songs. Being half Tamil, it just would not be right if I didint watch thousands of Tamil. This is not only one of my favourite colour blocking videos, but also one of my earliest memories of me realising the power of fashion and colour. Its a beautiful explosion of colour and I just love it.

 WEHEARTIT.COM
isla fisher!
neon-politan dreams.
MY POLYVORE SETS - LINK HERE

kazz, ☮ + xo.
amped+dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,