Dec 19, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY; SLEIGHBELLS, OUTASIGHT, MIIKESNOW, LANADELRAY, MICHAELBUBLE

1. SLEIGH BELLS - BORN TO LOSE

I added a link to this new one from (one of my favourite duo) Sleigh Bells on Sunday on A+D FACEBOOK. And like I mentioned on Sunday - this new one is B-RILL RILL-IANT (get it??? get it???) and way to excited for the new album Reign of Terrors (out on Valentines Day 2012). I don't know why I am infatuated with the Sleigh Bells. I picked up their first album Treats back in 2010 on a massive whim after hearing Infinity Guitars - but I got sucked straight in. I think their fresh sounds and brilliant mix of Alexis' high voice and Derek's complicated and heavy production all makes for an exciting cocktail for the ears (or as Wikipedia cites the sound as American Noise Pop). But if you don't dig feedback noise and machine gun blasts to be included in your music tracks.. then give this one a miss people.

2. OUTASIGHT - LETS GO

Outasight was my first Youtube introduction. I first heard his stuff through Breaking NYC Show, and ever since them I am a big big big fan. And a fan of this song. How can you not be. It has some sick lyrical work and a really catchy chorus. Hopefully I get to catch an Outasight gig when I head to NYC next year. Outsight & Wax would be a huuuuuge coo for me to catch live.

3. MIIKE SNOW - DEVIL'S WORK

Ahhh... Miike Snow - how I love your work. This song really reminds me of Coldplay for some reason. And seeing as Coldplay is moving towards a newer sound, then perhaps its cool for Miike Snow to be going for that pop/rock/alternative game. I do love my Miike Snow, especially Animal. So I am quite intrigued to see if the new album equals to tour dates. Cause that would be very very very exciting!

4. LANA DEL RAY - BORN TO DIE

Alright, so surely this track is not new to a lot of ears, especially cause the video clip caught like wild fire over the internet. I am not so sure why... I think the video clip was okay.. nothing amazing. But what you can't fault though is Lana Del Ray's singing (and pouty lips!). This is a brilliant Lana Del Ray track.. definitely better than Video Games (not a crazy fan of that one either, my favourite LDR tracks are Hundred Dollar Bill & Kill Kill). So it would be interesting to see how LDR's career tracks.. especially cause it seems like every single she comes out with is heavy and deep. There is only so much heavy and deep one can take. Surely.

5. MICHAEL BUBLE - SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN
As it is nearly approaching Christmas, it is only fitting that I include a Christmas track. And though this song isn't new, it is my favourite (!!!!!!) Christmas song/carol. Add a little Michael Buble lovin, makes this song my favourite for the week!!! His big band take on the song is so so so awesome. And I really love his video clips - very Singing In The Rain :)
Enjoy...



You will hear from me a little later in the week, but if I don't catch you before it - Have an amazing Christmas and a brilliant New Year!!!!!!

I hope you get all that you wished for, and get a great start to 2012 : )
XOXOXOXOXOXO


TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN // FACEBOOK LOVE