Aug 1, 2011

NEWMUSICMONDAY: GOTYE, OVERDOZ, COOLRUNNINGS, HUDSONMOHAWKE,

OH WOW, YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE WEEKEND I HAVE HAD.
Splendour weekend for many, hibernation and quarantine for me. I have just gotten over (knock on wood) one of the most annoying colds ever. I don't usually get ill, so when I do, I get it hard.

But like I said, I am slowly getting over it now, which is good. Cause I dont think I could have handled it any longer. On to the musicccccccccc :)

1. COOLRUNNINGS - BRUNETTES
You know we have more fun ;) Bout damn time we got a song as well. What can I say, what a perfectly good indie pop song. I haven't heard of Coolrunnings before, but I do love their LA Coast sound. So perfect for summer. Which is going grace us down under pretty soon :) Yes, I don't understand a word their singing either and yes it does abruptly end, but hey for a song that is available royalty free... I aint complaining.


2. OVERDOZ - IT GIRL
Oh my god, when I heard this song I was in love, instantly. Cool melody, great beat, and smooth voices. It doesnt get better than this really. This song is really reminiscent of Outkast's Idlewild sound. Definitely an Andre 3000 feel. Overdoz are really riding on that Odd Future/Frank Ocean wave, and its working. I am in the process of downloading their mixtape, which you can do so as well here. I'm loving Overdoz' sound, and its definitely going to be replaying all throughout summer for me.


3. GOTYE - SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW FT KIMBRA
How can you not love this song, or this man. I absolutely loved Gotye's Like Drawing Blood and was pretty excited that he has a new one out. And this first single from the new album is very very promising.  Gotye played Splendour this weekend, and Kimbra (who was also performing at the festival) joined him and performed the duet. I love this song and I can tell it will be one of those songs that you just cant get sick of. Gotye's talented like that.


4. HUDSON MOHAWKE - THUNDER BAY
Now, this song is a bit of a love hate one. You either will LOVE it or absolutely HATE it. Hence why its last on my list here. I of course, LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its my kind of sound. If I had to describe myself as a sound it would be something like this. A bit of old sampling, new sounds and beats all finished with some killer production value. I'm excited to keep hearing more from these guys, which hello, how awesome is a name like Hudson Mohawke for a band. Killer.


AND THATS THE FULL LIP THIS MONDAY FOLKS.
Hope you enjoyed one if not all of these. If you are the odd one that managed to love all these songs simultaneously. Give me a call, cause we need to be friends. 


XOXO


STREET STYLE TUMBLR // TWITTER // BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,