Mar 20, 2011

STREETSTYLE PHOTOGRAPHERS, THE NEW PAPS?

I have been really interested in the whole world of Paparazzis mainly thanks to watching Adrien Grenier's doco "Teenage Paparazzo" and absolutely being absorbed by it. I loved this documentary. It really hits all my popular culture theorist spots. If they have a copy of this in your local Blockbuster and you have a passionate fascination with pop culture and celebrities (as I do) YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS MOVIE.

But lately I have been thinking about this world of paparazzis (that we are used to) and it uncanny similarities to today's street style photography phenomenon. You could say that anyone who is anyone in the fashion publications and sales industry would have been photographed by the likes of Scott Schuman and Tommy. 

There are so many street style blogs, and photographers out there that its crazy. Some of my favourite are:
Tommy from Jak+Jil 
 Scott Schuman from The Sartorialist
Karl Edwin Guerre from Swagger 360

I'VE BEEN SIDE TRACKED, MY PURPOSE OF THIS POST WAS TO BRING YOU THIS ARTCLE...
I was surfing The Sartorialist's latest posts when I found this article by one of street's favourite model; Garance Dore. She writes this very satirical piece on how YOU, YES YOU! can be snapped by the hordes of street style/fashion photographers -GUARANTEED.
An excerpt, and one of my favourite lines from the post:


WARNING : Anna Dello Russo gets there at the same time as you?
You’re gonna miss your entrance. Give her about 10 minutes to let her have her wow moment, that’s the least amount of time it’ll take her to parkour herself to the show entrance."



GO READ IT HERE!
UNTILL TOMORROW :)




Follow amped+dangerous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,