Dec 16, 2009

fashion smashion.


jakandjil.blogspot.com
thesartorialist.blogspot.com/ 

 Those are my references by the way. as i will be sharing some of my favourite photos by The Satorialist and JakandJil. :) I am like in love with these blogposts.. I knew about the Sartorialist a very long time ago.. and I found out that I could subscribe to these two through Gmail - i was like heck yes!!.
So now, when I am bored (which is quite often as its summer holidays) I check these out..
I get so much inspiration from just staring at hese photos - of what to wear and shizz. Gotta love photographs..
which brings me to the point of i reallllllly want a dsl cmaera - but not sure if i would do it justice by not using it as much.. :( yes this does make me sad, cause they are like a thousand/hundred dollars.. and I do not want to spend that much money, and find out my dsl craze was a phase.. but you know what I do want!!!
one of these babies.


 isn't she beautiful... the pictures she takes are even
more beautiful.. ;)

She is a Holga Lomography camera - they are NOT DIGITAL! which i love.
and takes cool as pictures called Lomography..(google is, you can find heaps more than what i got here) Quiet alternative looking, I am quite sure they are a Swedish make.. and were around in the 70s to take trippy ass photos..haha. They were being discontinued cause of the digital camera craze, but now I have found a lil shop in the city where they are now stocking new versions of these - cause apparently us young kids like taking photos.. geez, how many geniuses did it take to figure that one out.. :S So each lomo's come out with different looking photos depending on which camera make you buy. ie. fish eye/9-motion-something-or-rather.. haha

(side note: my brother just downloaded frostwire - and is now annoying the hell out of me in changing the settings..)

anyway.. - so here are some lomo's:

 
 

Anyway.. lol. This post started with me talking about cool photography (fashion related of course) from The Sartorialist and JakandJil, a sort of homage.. :)

JAKANDJIL.BLOGPOST.COM

arrghhh, i effin love these shoes!


how cool is this chic. (yes.. chi.c)





haha.. i had the same obsession with this chic
as JAKANDJIL did, obviously.. c'mon she's in a kimono
riding a bicycle around town.
sweet as.

THE SARTORIALIST.BLOGPOST.COM


you can see me trying to pull of this look, this summer.




but, i think what made me switch from blog stalker to
true fan of THE SARTORIALIST
was this photo, and what he wrote up about it.
he was shooting NYC (apparently just read, his favourite place to shoot)
and he came across this gentleman, which kinda shows he does not
discriminate our fellow SARTORIALIST!


"
I don't usually shoot homeless people. I don't find it romantic or
appealing like a lot of street photographers, and if you asked
homeless people they are probably not to happy about
their situation either. That's why I was surprised to
be so drawn to taking a picture of this gentleman...

Looking at him dressed like this makes me feel that in some way he hasn't given in or given up."
                              - The Sartorialist, August 31, 2009.




kazz; xo
amped+dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hello,